The Loyola School, a preschool and elementary school in Mount Vernon and part of the St. Ignatius network, seeks dynamic, creative elementary teachers for September 2023.
In addition to implementing an age-appropriate and engaging curriculum in language arts, math, social studies and science, this teacher will:
- Create a classroom culture where respect, cooperation, and academic growth are fostered,
- Possess a strong understanding of the academic, social and emotional development of children, be able to implement multiple forms of assessment,
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and administration to plan and implement curriculum,
- Demonstrate strong communication skills,
- Commit to ongoing professional development,
- Incorporate culturally responsive practices,
- Provide a positive and safe environment for students,
- Communicate and partner with families,
- Attend all-school professional development days and faculty meetings
- Complete timely progress reports at regular intervals for each student,
- Support the initiatives of the School, and
- Honor the Jesuit commitment to education.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; elementary education preferred.
- Experience teaching in an elementary school program preferred Knowledge of child development.
Interested candidates should submit electronically to Greta Rutstein (email@example.com):
- A cover letter expressing interest in the position, a current resume,
- A list of 3 professional references with name, phone number and email address or each.
- References will not be contacted without a candidate’s permission
Positions are full-time and non-exempt in a year-long program.