Openings for Pre-K-4 and Kindergarten classes now available.
We have spots available for four- or five-year-old children in our Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten classes. Baltimore City families meeting our income criteria are welcome to apply for their child’s enrollment.
Email Sharon Wheadon-West with the age of your child or children to receive an application.
Regardless of situation, families only need to apply once—they do not have to apply each year. Once accepted, your child is accepted for the duration of her/his time with us.
After an application has been submitted, families are invited in for an interview and we review income to determine financial eligibility. All of our students are supported by a sponsor or sponsors who support the child’s tuition for her/his time with us. It is our mission to support young, working families of slender means living in Baltimore City.
Accepted students join us for three years, participating in our 2s, 3s and 4s program, before graduating to their home school for kindergarten. Tuition is covered by a sponsor or sponsors who commit(s) to sponsoring your child all three years. There is no need to complete a new application each year.
Volunteer activities can include reading to a class, serving as a playground monitor, serving meals to the students, and washing toys.
Volunteer hours can instead include taking home laundry to wash or bringing in donations such as masks and hand sanitizer.
In addition to volunteering, every family is required to make a donation to the school of $20 per month, and must attend classes for parents on the first Saturday of the month**, which include a speaker who is an expert is a specific area such as positive parenting, nutrition, budgeting tips, speech and language, brain development, and what hurts growth.
* We are limiting parental access to the school and interaction with students, faculty and staff.
** These mandatory, monthly meetings have been converted to virtual meetings using Zoom.
The child or family must meet the following criteria for acceptance to our program:
The child must be a Baltimore City resident
The child must be two, three, or four years of age by the first day of school
The family must meet our income eligibility guidelines
The family must be willing to commit to all of our parent requirements, including:
- Contribute $5 per week (or $20 per month)
- Make every effort to adhere to pick up/drop off times and have children in school each day, and coordinate with the school administration regarding excused or planned absences
- Apply for the Maryland childcare scholarship vouchers program
- Volunteer 10 hours at school each semester (20 hours total for the year)
- Attend Parent Workshops one Saturday each month
- Attend Parent-teacher conferences two times per year
- Write a thoughtful letter to the child’s scholarship sponsor(s) three times per year
|Family Size||Maximum Annual Income|
|Family of 2||$48,637|
|Family of 3||$60,081|
|Family of 4||$71,525|
|Family of 5||$82,969|
|Family of 6||$94,413|
|Family of 7||$96,558|
|Family of 8||$98,704|
|Family of 9||$100,850|
|Family of 10||$102,996|